Thursday, November 29, 2012

Memory Keeping and a fair bit o' cheese

I was thinking today about how much memory keeping is something that has become a habit for me. Something that I like to do and it obviously shows through a lot of my interests: I love to journal and blog,write letters, take photos, scrapbook, instagram etc It is something I have always done. I while back I found a pile of old journals at my Mum's place and it was interesting to remember some of what I did when I was a lot younger (PS...I was boy crazy at 13 yikes)
It is interesting to me because I feel like if someone asked me what my life was like I would probably describe it as being relatively average, but when I look through my instagram feed or my blog archive I love being able to see all those moments that stand out. The silly, crazy, funny,heartwarming ones that make me realize that my life is more than just average. It is extraordinary. I am working on a new Scrapbooking album called Project Life and it is all about highlighting those special moments and even those mundane once that make your life yours.  There is always the bad stuff that happens, but for right now I have a husband who is so darn handsome I can barely stand it, a wonderful and supportive family/extended family, a beautiful healthy sweet baby nephew, a puppy who already makes me nuts but I couldn't live without (*see recent vet bill #barf), hilarious and creative friends and a beautiful house that we are making a home (and about a billion other things but let's keep the list to the essentials) Really cheesy today not sure where this is coming from... but I feel like that little girl in the commercial "I love my hair, I love my Mum, I love my life" It really is great to have hobbies that bring me so much joy as I do them, and can remind me when I search the archives how far we have come.

No comments: