AKA "another Shwalsh easy and delicious dinner option"
A few years ago this dish made a regular appearance on our dinner table. It was from Chatelaine and we found it yummy and also really quick to throw together.(and I have blogged before about how I am a huge fan of the come together quick dinners.) While brainstorming dinner on Sunday night we remembered this gem and it was awesome. .. here you go:
- 4 Italian sausages (I have tried with various kinds of sausage, all are delicious. I usually cook more so that we have some for lunches/G is a big meat eater)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 green cabbage ( I just buy a bag of the ready shredded coleslaw cabbage!)
- 1/2 tsp hot chili flakes (obviously you can spice this up as much as you like)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp each white vinegar and granulated sugar ( I usually use less sugar)
- 2 green onions
1) slice each sausage into bite sized pieces and fry over medium heat with a little bit of oil. Cook til browned, then add water, cover and cook for about 5 more minutes until cooked through
2)Add cabbage and everything else. Stir so that the spices dont get trapped up top (made that mistake before booo) Cook for around 7 minute or until the cabbage is as tender as you like it.
3)Serve and enjoy!
The original recipe said it would be good served with mashed potatoes, but I just serve it by itself and we are both quite full. It also packs well to take for lunch the next day. (double bonus!)