Thursday, January 26, 2012
• 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted
• 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, packed
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth and scrape down sides of the bowl. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy. You can add a touch of water or oil if necessary.
3. When pasta is cooked, drain in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Please note: This sauce does not reheat well due to the avocado.
*** That served Mum Garret and I and it was amazing!!! If you weren't worried about the vegan part it would be phenomenal with some chicken. And you could add other sautéed veggies as well. yummy, quick and healthy...trifecta of awesomeness in my book
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
1 tin of salmon
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs (I used a wee bit less)
*can add various yummy things like dill, green onions, grated zucchini etc
mix it all together. form into little patties. Pan fry for a few mins per side. You can eat them hot or cold. I grabbed some of the little slider buns from Zehrs and made little burgers, but Nat brought hers to work on top of some veggies. Easy, quick and delicious!
We decided to take a pic to prove what delightful little elves we actually are:
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
We have been busy...like waking up early in the morning with thoughts of guest lists and money saving techniques kind of busy. Well at least I am. My beloved had been beautifully clueless about all of this but I'm working on educating him quickly. Last night we sat down with a checklist of wedding planning things I found online. I think he has a better idea now...so time to crack the whip! Aaand that's just wedding stuff.
Our new years resolutions for January have been going ok. We've been bringing our lunches and I've been meal planning like some sort of organized meal planner (yay me) It's been difficult now that I've thrown school into the mix, but I think we just need to make a plan of attack and stick to it. It's mid January and we have done pretty well, but I really want us to step it up a notch for the second half of the month. Go Team ShWalsh!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Tonight we had our final dinner with Tara and Stephen before they head back to Argentina (sob). It's been so nice to have these few weekly meals together and get to catch up and feel more connected. We haven't lived near each other in over 10 years (maybe more, am I aging myself here?) And our visits are usually really quick visits over lunch at Christmas when both families are trying to jam a years worth of stories into a few hours. I think once the wedding is over we are going to start a serious savings account so we can go waaaaay south and visit them. Tara keeps telling me about a tango club and this girl's gota tango!
Friday, January 6, 2012
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Monday, January 2, 2012
It's been snowing like crazy all day! Garret got sent home early from work since it wasn't busy. (yay) So we are currently sitting on the couch drinking tea and watching a documentary. Driveway's been shoveled, dinner is ready to go in oven, kitchen is clean and so is the rest of the house. It feels so good to be starting off the new year organized! More about New Years and resolutions later. I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year and got to spend it with people they love.
This was our last picture of 2011!