Monday, May 4, 2009

The surprise hangover and the rest of the weekend

Originally I had planned on getting lots of homework done this weekend and doing some fun stuff around Toronto as we weren't heading north.  Friday night we were both just pooped from a long week so we were lazy kids and snuggled as deeply as possible into our couches and fought the urge to move all night. We rented Religiulous and were in bed by 10:30.

We woke up at the same time Saturday morning somehow feeling like it was really late, but it was only 8:30.  I guess that is late to some extent as all week long we had been getting up between 6 and 7.  We got dressed and walked up to Spadina village, did a little window shopping and got coffee at Starbucks.  It was nice to just get to people watch and hang out.  We had brunch plans around 12:30 for our friend Ron's birthday and that ended up setting the tone for the day.  Since we had taken the subway we decided to be either decadant or disgusting (depends how you look at it) and have beers with our brunch.  We then were taking our time up at Yonge and Eglington just chilling and checking out new stuff at HMV when Kate called, and had us come over. So we headed downtown and ended up spending the afternoon chatting, catching up and you guessed it drinking.  
At 10pm their houseguest who I know from back home and who is a hairdresser came home...can you guess where this is going?  She was giving us all haircuts in Kate and Lorne's living room.  I mentioned that I has been wanting to go really short. And with my alcohol induced lack of inhibitions....I ended up getting quite the hair cut. My main stipulation was that I am in Erin's wedding in September so I need pretty hair for that.   

We were there til 3am playing cards and gossiping about highschool and drinking their homemade beer. (who knew it has crazy alcohol content?!)   Apparently I had a nap on the couch for a bit before we headed home oooh classy me passing out at parties!

Sunday morning was a bit of a good news bad news situation.  Good news? I still loved my hair cut. Bad news? It was ill advised to make any sudden movements.  In yet another testament to why I love him, G went out and grabbed us McDonalds....literally saved the day. And while I spent a good 6 hours trying to get up out of a reclined position to do homework, we just chilled on our couches and watched Nip/Tuck for many hours.  It felt like a bit of a wasted day as there are literally a million things we need to get done ie throwing out crap and more organizing of the tiny space that is our love nest, but it was a good day all in all.

Today I have no school. Actually all week for that matter.  I have to be a bit reclusive though and get tons of work done.  Today is a bit of a writeoff homework wise as my Mum is in Toronto for her oncology appointment so I am going to hang out with her and wait for the blood work to tell us that she is good to go for another 3 months.  I am going to tidy up a little bit and maybe get some stuff set up so that tonight I can hopefully stay on track so that next weekend doesn't end in my tears (which is what happens when I don't stay ontop of things with school!)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ahhh, beer with breakfast...the choice of champions!!
PS -- you need to send me a picture of your haircut!!