Thursday, January 10, 2013

The One With the Books

I have a sickness.  It manifests itself through the purchase of many many books from places like Chapters.  Garret hates this particular sickness as my vast accumulation of books are heavy and since he is the heavy lifter in the house...he is the one who has to move them.  (at least this is what he complains about, but we have really only moved twice so I fail to see why this is such a big deal)  I have always loved reading and buying books. In fact, my bestie and I go on dates to Chapters, where we grab a Starbucks and read book covers to our hearts content. Yup...watch yo'self....super crazy party animal over here!  In our quest to be frugal debt repayers in 2013 one of the decisions I begrudgingly made is that I will not buy any books. (That does not mean I will not accept gifts of books...please note this those who buy me presents!)  This probably sounds silly to most people, but this is so hard for me to do!  We were killing time before G's cousin's surprise party on Saturday so we hit the mall (GREAT place to go by the way when you are trying not to spend any money)  G browsed some magazines at Coles while I wandered around manhandling books I want.  The sheer willpower it took for me to leave empty handed was immense and therefore I am blog patting myself on the back.  I am going to join the local library soon and so I took some pictures of some of the books that will be on my "to read" list.  They all sounded really interesting and I can't wait to get cracking with the reading!  If you have read any of these or have opinions on something else to add to my list let me know!

Image


Image


ImageImage

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We have a love affair with books at our house, too. We really should go to the library...

Erin (aka Bestie) said...

I'm planning on buying "Happier at Home" and "Be that Girl" so you can borrow them both!