Friday, July 12, 2013

Birthday Poem (#outofthedoghouse)

My beloved is not so much a morning person.  So much so that G claims he cannot function much before 9am and he has had his coffee and a good hour or two to wake up.  (this bodes well for the insanity that will be our sleep schedule when the baby comes!)


This morning for instance....my birthday....was slightly, if just briefly, forgotten as he rushed about getting ready for work.  He clearly felt AWFUL when he realized he hadn't wished me happy birthday because by the time I got to work his facebook status had been updated to read:


Roses are red,
Violets are blue...
Today is your birthday,
No longer 32...

We fell in love,
Back when I turned 24...
After that night,
I'm surprised you didn't walkout the door!

Now we're both older,
And I love every day...
You're my beautiful wife,
With baby on the way!

Although our old life together,
May not exist much longer...
My love for our family,
Will only get stronger!

33 is just a number,
13 is too...
Except 13 are the years I waited
For the chance to fall in love with you!

Now almost 6 years have passed,
Since we met in the fall...
Who would have thought,
It would come from a phone call!

Happy birthday to the love of my life, and best friend...Julia Walsh xoxo

---I think his mostly gets him out of the doghouse, no?

No comments: