Monday, June 20, 2011

Lil Marleen

Last week in memory of my father, Garret decided to forgo the normal route for "buy the lady some flowers" and he bought me a rose bush!  Its actually not much of a bush at the moment, but we have been assured if we take care of it it will become more bush like.

[caption id="attachment_79" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Patiently waiting on our porch for us to plant her"][/caption]

And for those of you who are questioning who "Lil Marleen" is....I should first explain that I have a bit of an obsession with naming things....this usually extends to naming things that we don't currently have, like dogs and children. But G and I (probably more so myself) take great joy in giving names to inanimate objects and this plant didn't escape that fate either.

The name was simple: She actually came with a name tag:

 



[caption id="attachment_80" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="we shortened it a bit....but it has a nice ring to it!"]Name Tag[/caption]

No comments: