Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 and back from Hiatus

Happy Holidays to all. I spent mine loving on those I love. It was wonderful.
The break from reality is almost over as I am heading back to the city today and leaving behind the coccoon of the holiday world created up north at my Mums. Tomorrow it is back to school, back to work and everything goes back to normal. I am looking forward to getting back into a routine as lately I have been losing track of what day it is. However I will miss the comfort and refuge from adulthood that seems to engulf me when I am up here.
Christmas 2008 was a lovely time spent with lots of family and friends. It was officially my first christmas with G, and so there was some merging of traditions, and time spent with both families. Sometimes it felt a bit frantic but to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way.
I haven't spent much time thinking of resolutions yet...I wanted to do something more creative this year instead of the usual drivel...lose weight, save money type of thing. G and I have his brother staying with us for a few days this week...when he is gone and it is just the two of us again, I think we shall open a bottle of wine and discuss our hopes and dreams for this year.
So far I know that in 2009 I want to work on being more joyful, praying for health and strength for those in my family who need it. Being a better daughter, friend, sister and partner. And just enjoying the small pleasures I can share with those I love. And blogging more...not sure why but I find it good for the soul

No comments: