These are the main things I would really like to get done before Gus comes:
- Trim on the door in downstairs bathroom
- Paint downstairs bathroom
- Swap out the sink downstairs bathroom
- Carpet the stairs
- paint the railing and spindles (not a super priority)
- Backsplash in kitchen (we could just paint it before we decide to do something else...then it looks pretty and less boring)
- Builtins in bedroom
- Hanging all the frames on the wall in our room
- Getting bathtub reglazed
- Garden maintenance
- Powerwash/sand/paint front porch..lighting if we are feeling crazy?
- New storm doors for kitchen door and front door
- Nursery will likely just involve hanging a few shelves and maybe some art over the crib? Nothing dramatic and I already like the paint colour in there. Oh and some sort of closet organization system.
- ok I am done for now.
His response was along the lines of: "we will make a plan of attack later...when I am not at work...on a Monday morning" Some of the heavy lifting construction jobs I will have to bow out of for now, but if we start doing some things before I am 30lbs heavier and it is 30 degrees hotter out I think we have a good chance of getting things completed. I have roped my darling Mum into coming for a day or two next weekend to help me get the downstairs bathroom done (hurray) I feel if we pick certain jobs and pick when we can work on them stuff will get done. It is that whole "oh at some point we should do this" attitude that we seem to thrive on which I fear will lead to me bringing Gus home to a house that continues to look like a construction site. Every new mothers dream, am I right?!