Thursday, November 22, 2007

Shoveling in a winter wonderland

This is me at 8am today:

Thrilling pic isn't it folks? I changed it to black and white just to illustrate just how much white there is out there. We have had a little frost but up to this point we haven't had significant snowfall. When I got up this morning my Mum, brother and I had coffee and listed to the radio...we heard mention of many school closings and got all nostalgic for the days when we would pray for snow so that buses would be cancelled and our school would be closed. Now that we are all grown up (so to speak) and working, there is never that same sense of wonder and pure awesomeness that we could just play all day. Offices tend to close far less frequently than the school board. But I have to say that I have had a pretty successful day so far. I helped to shovel two driveways and two walkways, drove up to the gym and sweated my face off for an hour, started tidying up, blogged...although I haven't showered yet and I smell like I have sweated for over an hour. ick. Anyway, today one of those days where I wish I had someone to snuggle up under a warm blanket with. BUT I don't and you know what? That is ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, you are adorable, my dear! Happy Thanksgiving!