Monday, November 12, 2007

Perhaps a case of the Mondays

:::
I am feeling very down and unmotivated today. I hate days like this. It is one of those days where you look in the mirror and say "I am fat, ugly and no one loves me" It is all in my head and total nonsense, but I just feel 'blah' today. I have been working really hard lately exercising, eating healthy, smaller portions etc, and the numbers on the scale refuse to budge at all. Being someone who's former idea of activity was exercising my brain by seeing how many books I could read...I had thought that going to the gym 4 times a week would cause something to happen. I think I am makin a bigger deal of it than it really is, but that is what happens on days like today. Everything gets blown way out of proportion! On a more positive note, I am listening to "Julie and Julia" as a book on CD in my car. I love it. It has also inspired me to start cooking a lot more--would anyone be interested to have me post recipies I am trying and my comments on them?
I had a really great weekend. Friday night I drove down to Orangeville and met my cousin for dinner at the Montanas. We haven't seen each other in ages so it was nice to eat and catch up...share a half litre of the Pino Grigo, tasty. On my way home I swung past another friend's house and managed to get talked into spending the night and catching up. We met in college and haven't had the opportunity to spend much time together as I moved to the States right after graduation. It really has been nice lately to get to reconnect with the people that have meant so much to me over the years. I do miss living in the US sometimes, but the good by far outweighs the bad at the moment. Saturday my friend Jen and I drove to Barrie and spent the day shopping. We met up with Cailey (a friend from home who recently moved there) and we made dinner, had some drinks, watched bad MTV shows and headed out for a night on the town. There is something so soul soothing about having a fun "girlie" night with likeminded chicks. As much as I like being single, I like it so much more when I am surrounded with single chicks...they kind of get it.
As crazy as it sounds, when I got back to the house on Sunday I learned that there had been a murder in Collingwood. I don't really know all the details, but we know the man who killed his ex son in law. Mum and I used to work for his wife...at one point they were somewhat close family friends. We haven't seen them much in the past few years but it is so surreal to think that we have spent so much time with a man charged with first degree murder. As I said I don't really know the details so I don't have too much of an opinion on the matter, but it just seems so weird.

No comments: