Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The big D

:::
I got an email from my lawyer yesterday...and my divorce, 3 years in the making has finally come through. I was at school and was chatting about it with my friends when another classmate said "I've never heard anyone celebrating a divorce before". That can't possibly be true right? I am sure people have escaped far worse marriages than mine and had cause for celebration!
It really got me thinking though, and that's always good! I think its a bit callous sounding to delight in the complete removal of a person from ones life, but he wasn't a good person, and its best that he is gone. I feel strange today, somehow almost lighter. This has been a weight dragging me down for sometime now, and knowing that this break is final, that he no longer has any power over me feels fantastic.
I do however feel that thanks to this experience my view of relationships and marriage as a whole have changed. Not in a bad way, but just different. Before I think I was so focused on the wedding aspect I think I didn't really contemplate what came after. Forever. That's a looong time. With my ex, I was in a position where things happened extremely fast, and we definitely didn't have time to get to know each other enough first. (obviously as we made the wrong decision) But things with G are different. I want to spend the rest of my life with him, having him tease me about my clumsyness and me rolling my eyes at his inability to be on time. I know enough of him and love all of it, and I look forward to uncovering the parts of him that I don't yet know. I think we will remain in this stage together for a while now, living together and making sure we are really right for each other before we move forward. But I am definitely ready and excited for the next stage in our lives.



Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments: