Thursday, April 22, 2010

And on and on

:::
Work has been going pretty well. I forgot how exhausting retail can be, a students life tends to not have me on my feet for 8 hours at a time! But I'm feeling good that I am bringing in even a little bit of money at the moment. I had to buy a pair of shoes as they want us to wear shoes from the store, but I have managed to keep it to one pair! I do have my eyes on a few others but I keep reminding myself that I really do have all I need. I tend to wear my silver birks almost everywhere anyway haha. Things keep going back and forth between looking up and then freaking us out. We got a pretty good tax return, but it all has to go to bills etc so its not really fun. However, we should be thankful some extra cash came our way for such a thing! G and I discuss sometimes how it feels like we are standing in a very deep hole. As we slowly start digging out of it something caves in and we are back where we started. We both have large student loans and its easy to get bogged down with just how long it will take to pay back. Yesterday he made mention of how he feels overwhelmed just trying to pay his own way right now he can't imagine what it will be like trying to afford to have a baby. (*sidenote yay he thinks about babies now!) but it is true, when you're in the middle of it it's hard to see how one day it will be different. School is over in December and then I can start working and making more than minimum wage and we can hopefully start seeing the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

1 comment:

RokMomma said...

Wow, u jst nailed my exact situation. I too have be slugging along in a painfully low paying retail job for the last 10 month while balancing school and life. I too have a stupid amount of debt and your description of standing in a hole jst digging and digging only to have it fill up again is bang on. And babies, I would love to start down that path but how can I when I don't have the means to support myself fully, yet alone another person? But in the end we will both get there. We have worked so hard so far and that lght we are looking for is almost there