Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Weekend Report--the Ontario Road trip edition

This past weekend was amazing but not all that restful.  We (mostly Garret) did a lot of driving and had some great adventures.


Friday night I stayed downtown after work and went to see the NKOTB, Boys II Men and 98degrees concert.  My friends husband was given box seats which he generously bestowed upon us.  My Mum took me to see the New Kids in '91 or '92 and it was my first concert, and now 20 odd years later it was Gus's first concert too!  G is slightly worried I am skewing the babes musical taste, but really who doesn't love 90's music?




[caption id="attachment_1917" align="aligncenter" width="388"]The girls and Gus enjoying snazzy seats at the ACC. Anxiously awaiting our former teenage dreams hahaha The girls and Gus enjoying snazzy seats at the ACC. Anxiously awaiting our former teenage dreams hahaha[/caption]

Saturday morning my throat was sore and I think G was embarrassed on my behalf to hear that I was actually screaming my head off all night.  I am sorry but when Jordan Knight tells you to scream? you SCREAM with all you have.  Michelle and I drove back to Barrie and didnt get home until 1am (which for this pregnant chick is crazy late)


Saturday morning we were up early and drove up to North Bay to celebrate G's Grandma's birthday--I will have to upload pictures from the other camera.  It was a long trip, but definitely worth it to spend some time with family and eat a ton of baked goods.  We drove home Saturday night and just took it easy on the mega couch.


Sunday morning we headed off to Niagara with some friends for a prebooked Wag Jag night away.




[caption id="attachment_1918" align="aligncenter" width="388"]This was the only way we could figure out a "fallsview" room. hahaha G is very creative This was the only way we could figure out a "falls view" room. hahaha G is very creative.  We actually overlooked a gorgeous parking lot...oooh fancy[/caption]

We walked around for hours and took some pictures of the falls and had some relaxing time on a very loud (and grossly sticky) patio




[caption id="attachment_1919" align="aligncenter" width="388"]First family photo in Niagara First family photo in Niagara[/caption]

I also made a valiant attempt to recreate a photo we took 6 years ago but kind of missed the mark:




[caption id="attachment_1920" align="aligncenter" width="310"]the top picture is from 2008 when Garret surprised me with a night away for my birthday. Interesting to note: I am wearing the same sunglasses the top picture is from 2008 when Garret surprised me with a night away for my birthday. Side note: I am wearing the same sunglasses, and he is still crazy handsome. [/caption]

We got back to Barrie on Monday afternoon and did some house work (thrilling as it sounds)  G moved the bed out of our spare room and we moved the crib (gulp) up in it's place.  We haven't built it yet, but this gets the giant box out of our hallway so that is a start.




[caption id="attachment_1921" align="aligncenter" width="388"]One step closer. gulp One step closer to being a room ready for a baby.[/caption]

It seems that each day something happens to make us feel a little more ready or freaked out or "ermagerd this is actually happening"ish.   While we were watching a show before bed Gus was being particularly active and G finally got to feel a kick/jab (or "upper cross" if you ask him)  These things happen and then we look at each other and query if this really is happening? We are having a baby?! Then we laugh and make jokes about the babe and try to enjoy these last glimpses of what soon shall be 'what was'.

1 comment:

Barbarawelch10@gmail.com said...

what a delightful weekend you had!! Such fun for G to feel the baby move....wow!!!