Friday, June 14, 2013

Father's (to be) Day

Father's day is coming this weekend and it has suddenly taken on a whole new meaning to me.  I am pretty gushy sentimental (as if you couldn't guess) so I wanted to do something fun/special for he who I am about to make a father.  All of my ideas involved a bunch of money which isn't so practical at the moment so instead I bought a gift that is sort of for G but mostly for the babe




[caption id="attachment_1925" align="aligncenter" width="388"]Starting Gus's love of reading as soon as possible Starting Gus's love of reading as soon as possible[/caption]

There was a Father's Day section at Chapters where I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to pick out the perfect book. So obviously I ended up with two. A super cute animal one and then one about  building a dog house with Daddy.  I couldn't pass up either one.  I just thought G could read them to Gus when s/he arrives and I will just melt into a puddle of hormonal goo at how cute that would be.


I like the idea of starting some sort of Father's day tradition(s).    Letting him sleep in will likely be gift enough at that point!


Anyone have any fun/fond memories of things they did with their Dads when they were little?  One of my nicest memories is watching The A-Team with my Dad.  Fun and full or Mr. T,  but not necessarily what I  have in mind.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Fishing with my dad. Reminds me of the country song. She thinks we're just fishing.so sweet!!!