Friday, August 31, 2012

Life through my iPhone (end of Aug edition)

[caption id="attachment_868" align="aligncenter" width="525"] Box Seats...Shwalsh's be ballin[/caption]

Aug 16th--Jeremy and Ashley got some box seats through a friend so we went to see the American Idol tour when it came through Toronto.  It ended up only being the four of us in the box and we were SPOILED.  I don't think I have ever had so much fun at a concert.  The music was good, but the really private experience as they over fed and boozed us was amazing. We had some drinks, sushi, veggies, tons of snacks and then ice cream and cookies.  It was a really awesome night and we hope that they fall into some more tickets so we can live it up concert style

[caption id="attachment_876" align="aligncenter" width="468"] I'm just a little bit excited[/caption]

Aug 24th--in the spring Garret and I bought tickets to see Bruce Springsteen.  I have had a countdown on for ages because I love love love him and was really looking forward to sharing the experience with him. Needless to say he is called The Boss for a reason...the show was amazing and at nearly 4 hours long we really got our money's worth.  This was my 5th or 6th time seeing him and I had told G how I have never heard him play Dancing in the Dark (my all time favourite song)  we had heard they had played it at most of the other shows for this tour and were hopeful.  As the encore seemed to be starting to wind down without having heard it I was getting a little bummed.  But after Rosalita Bruce said "time to put on your dancing shoes"  I nearly passed out with excitement and G snapped this pic of us. I had that size smile on for the rest of the night

[caption id="attachment_871" align="aligncenter" width="525"] Pants may need to be hemmed just a wee bit[/caption]

Aug 25th--We headed to Moore's for some of the guys to sort out their suits. Dods and Taylor are both giants and Jeremy doesn't seem to have a proportionate shoulder to leg size ratio so they wanted to be sure that their suits fit.  Low and behold, Jer's pants definitely could use some work!

[caption id="attachment_878" align="aligncenter" width="525"] Family time on the boat[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_882" align="aligncenter" width="525"] G and our mascot Prince[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_884" align="aligncenter" width="525"] Chilling with Michele[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_883" align="aligncenter" width="525"] Late night Webers = G's dream come true[/caption]

Aug 25th-26th--we headed up to a family friend's cottage for some relaxing on the Severn River.  BBQing, swimming and boating made for a really relaxing weekend. It is always so hard to drag ourselves away at the end.  We stayed up until after dinner in the hopes that we could wait out some of the traffic...We left around 8 and G and Dods were beyond excited to note that Weber's was open until 10:00 on Sunday nights.  They indulged in a second dinner, and G talked the rest of the way home about how excited he was about his burger.  Apparently I ruined our family tradition on our way up on Saturday cause I didnt let them stop, but "tradition shines through Jules" and we were able to get there once over the weekend.

[caption id="attachment_885" align="aligncenter" width="525"] lover of my heart and killer of (my) bugs[/caption]

Aug 28th-- I have written before about bees here and here.  I am not sure if it is a seasonal thing? Or if perhaps they nest somewhere in my attic or something, but once again, we keep finding bees in the house.  They are pretty dopey, but regardless, not a fan of them in my living space.  Garret to the rescue hunting them down and smushing them for me.  He totally rocks that hot pink bug swatter!

No comments: