Tuesday, August 21, 2012

32 Days to Walsh (and some other stuff)

OK, ok...so 32 days isn't as dramatic as "one month to Walsh" but technically I have a few extra days and am still excited--so the countdown is on.  I think that since we have been engaged for nearly 2 years, I am still of the mindset that the wedding is still so far off.  It has been coming for a while now, but it just seems that time is suddenly speeding up at an alarming rate!  We have been good about keeping on top of most things, and now we have all the small details left. My mantra as of late is "keep calm and party on" or something like that, the focus on being calm.  I know that no matter what it is going to be a special fun day, and the best part is that at the end of the day we will be married and celebrating with those we love. (Let's see if I can maintain this attitude over the next month. Queue to me becoming a Bridezilla and alienating all my minions, oops I mean bridesmaids)

Mum and I put wedding planning stuff aside this weekend and hosted a baby shower for my brother and Ashley. I love hosting parties due to how it lights fires under our asses to get stuff done around the house!  Garret was quite agreeable on Sunday as he volunteered to wash floors, put laundry away and fix our screen door.

[caption id="attachment_851" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Garret door fixing while my brother and Uncle Dave cheer him on (and by cheer him on I mean repeatedly tell him he is doing it wrong)[/caption]

I sometimes feel bad that Garret doesn't get to have a father in law, but then I realize there is a multitude of Uncles who can tease him and drive him crazy.  For example: my Uncle Dave in the above picture.  He affectionately calls Garret "Near Beer" and enjoys driving him crazy whenever they are together.

[caption id="attachment_852" align="aligncenter" width="224"] Insanely delicious dessert[/caption]

We ordered a variety of cupcakes from Sugar City Cupcakes which were a delicious delicious hit.  We rented a cupcake stand from them that I have to return tonight and I am already day dreaming about getting a snack pack to take home!  It was a really lovely day and so much fun to get to hang out with the family we don't get to see too often.  Weddings and babies = a busy summer.

Yesterday I went to the dentist to get my first cavity filled.  I was pretty freaked out and wanted G to come with me, he graciously declined informing me "you can handle this babe, it's no big deal"  I guess since he has had a few fillings he couldn't remember why it would be somewhat nerve wracking.  I am not a huge fan of needles at the best of times, but having someone sticking several in my mouth before drilling a hole in my teeth? Utter despair!  Thankfully my dentist was super nice and managed to keep me calm throughout.  I sent G this picture after to prove I made it through and was still smiling...sort of.

[caption id="attachment_853" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Half smile...the freezing took hold of the whole side of my face including my eye. Very foreign feeling![/caption]

That's all the Shwalsh's have been up to as of late!

No comments: