Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So I'm having a shower...

....A bridal shower (weeeeeeeeeeeeee....*insert various other excited brideish noises here)  Erin is throwing a bridal shower for yours truly on May 5th (yay)  and we decided to have it at my house.  (which if you recall from pics earlier this week looks like a bit of a construction site. eeeek)

This was JUST the motivation I think that G and I needed to get the place in shape.  I started a pretty extensive "honey do" list which G quickly shortened to a "priorities only please dear" list. SO, one of the main things I wanted to tackle before having a ton of the ladies I love in my home (most for the first time) was a real door on the bathroom.  We have lived with a pretty gross and impractical bifold door on our downstairs bathroom since we moved in.  It leaves little to the imagination when one of us is in there, and also, when the rinse cycle is on (laundry is also in that bathroom) it sounds like the house is about to lift off.  We (mostly G of course) managed to tackle this job on Saturday and Sunday and I can't believe the difference it makes in our kitchen.

[caption id="attachment_655" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Whatta ya know? It will fit in the back of the truck (phew)"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_659" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Not smiling because I made him move the door back so I could get a picture"][/caption]

I skipped a head a bunch as we (again mostly G) figured out how to square up the existing door hole and get this installed nicely....I love having a handy man for an almost husband.

[caption id="attachment_657" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="All framed in and ready for action"][/caption]

Now it just needs to be sanded a bit and painted white. ta-da!

Unfortunately the timing of my shower do list coincides with the "things we need to fix to get a better rate on our homeowners insurance" list.  So this weekend we are either painting the stairs...or switching out some knob and tube electrical.  I super duper vote for the pretty selection as I can nearly guarantee that the electrical part is going to just equal more holes in my ceiling and walls that I hope shower guests dont notice.  I might amend the list to include "strategically hang artwork and photographs over all the holes"

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Wow, you two sure are working hard! Looking Good!