Monday, March 22, 2010

A pointless end

:::
Last week a girl from my hometown killed herself. No one saw it coming, and our community has been jointly reeling in shock since thursday morning. She and I weren't friends, and part of weird guilt I have right now is that I actually didn't really like her. We weren't friends, but as is common in a small town, we ran in the same social circle.
She had always been dramatic and somewhat troubled, but I don't think anyone realized just how fragile she was.
There was a memorial service for her on Sunday, and the space was so packed it was hard to move. I couldn't help but wonder how someone who can feel so alone could fill an entire restaurant with people crying and questioning. I have felt so deeply sad, full of empathy for those she left behind, brother, boyfriend, best friends. They are all irrevocably damaged, such a large piece missing. I can't shake this feeling, I remain in shock and just wanting to tell all those I love just how much they mean to me.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments: