Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On Love and Long Weekends

:::

Somewhat fortuitously Valentines day fell a day before Family Day this year and so we could celebrate being in love, and our family all in two days. Nothing too much going on on either day. We watched some Olympics (and in true patriotic style I freaked out when Canada won our first gold on home turf) partook in some of my own Olympic sports (hot tubbing...I would easily get a gold) did some homework, and attempted to go skating. It was just nice to be together. We headed back to the city Monday morning with lofty plans of cleaning our apartment. But once we arrived it became clear that it was more a day for snuggling on the couch and watching movies.
Having a long weekend in February was really a marvelous idea and I would love to thank whomever set this into motion.

And in an unrelated turn of events, I heard from my lawyer yesterday and I may be getting the best valentines present ever. A divorce! Apparently le ex has contacted his lawyer who and said he would sign the papers and remove the conditions wherein he is trying to sue me. SO...amazing news. I am trying not to get too wound up about it because this has happened a few times where I think it is coming and he changes his mind. But I am moving forward with my life regardless and hoping that this all winds up.

No comments: