Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Crafts for Christmas--update

I finished my first knitting craft project (hurrah!)  I gave it to Nanny early because she needed a hat and I needed to see if it would fit her. It did and she loves it...mostly loves it just because I made it, but I think the colors are really fun and look great with her black coat.

[caption id="attachment_1130" align="aligncenter" width="388"] The Nanster modeling this season's newest trend: handmade multi-coloured hats....get them now while you still can[/caption]

My goal of another hat and infinity scarf are slightly behind schedule.  My main knitting time has been lunch hour at work and I have forgotten it at home Mon-Wed this week.  I know what I am doing now so I could technically work on it at home, however I know that Brooklyn will be very interested in wool.  I was trying to scrapbook last night and she was very contentedly sitting with Garret until I started doing something and she wanted to "help"  I now have teeth marks in my Breaking Dawn ticket stub I was trying to glue down.  Perhaps she is a puppy crafter like her mumma?

My plan is to try to get on top of the knitting in the next few weeks and see how it goes. I dont want to rush it because nothing is more frustrating than realizing you have messed up a row of knitting and you have to undo a bunch...I am speaking from experience as I had to do that with both the hat and the scarf.    In the meantime craft wise I have a December daily scrapbook project I am working on and I am DYING to get my quilt started.  One thing at a time right?  My usual modus operandi is to have 15 different crafts on the go at one time and then inevitably none of them get finished in a timely manner.  My Mum and I just finished a baby quilt for one of our God daughters that took a good 6 months from when she was born.  So tack on the 9 months Erin was pregnant and I knew a baby was coming....that's a lot of lead time!

No comments: